Please read these terms and conditions carefully before entering the “Explore Happiness Photo Contest” (the “Contest”). By entering the Contest, participants agree to be bounded by these terms and conditions, as well as other requirements set out in the promotional material related to the Contest (collectively, the “Terms and Conditions”).
1. The Contest is organised by Druk Asia Private Limited (DAPL).
2. The Contest comprises of a lucky draw where participants stand a chance of winning a pair of air tickets to an all expenses paid 4-day, 3-night stay in Bhutan. There will be 2 winners to be awarded. The Contest will commence on 8 July 2013 (inclusive) and last till and including 31 August 2013. Winners will be announced on 15 September 2013.
3. To be eligible to submit entries for the Contest, you must:
a. be at least 18 years of age, as of 1 January 2013
b. be a fan of Happiness.Travel by liking us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/Bhutan.Happiness)
c. not be a corporate or business entity, association or society or similar entity
d. open to all nationalities
4. Entry to the Contest is via the Happiness.Travel website and mobile application. Kindly follow the instructions found on the Contest Page to sign up.
5. DAPL reserves the right to carry out relevant checks and audits to ensure that each participant’s Facebook account is bona fide. Any participant who creates multiple Facebook accounts for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in the Contest shall be disqualified. DAPL reserves the right to disqualify such participant(s).
6. Employees, contractors, directors and officers of DAPL, and all other service agencies and providers involved in the Contest, and members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
7. DAPL reserves the right to request the winners to provide their proof of identity and age, proof of residency at the nominated Prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (if required) in order to claim the Prize.
8. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of DAPL. In the event that a winner cannot provide any suitable proof, the winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
9. All entries must be submitted via the Happiness.Travel website or mobile application. Entries are deemed to be successful at the time of the confirmation receipt being registered into the database of DAPL (or its agents or associated companies), and not at the time of submission by an entrant. DAPL accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including entries not received by DAPL or delays in the submission of the entry due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
10. DAPL reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should any computer virus, communications network failure, bug, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes beyond the control of DAPL corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. In the event of cancellation, DAPL shall be entitled to award the Prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of automated devices, software or other methods will result in disqualification.
11. The Prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable, and not exchangeable for cash, credit or any other item. All winners shall accept the Prizes as they are and are subject to any terms and conditions as may be imposed by DAPL. DAPL makes no representation, warranty or undertaking whatsoever as to any implied terms and conditions with respect to the Prizes in this Contest. DAPL assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever in respect to any defect or deficiency in the Prizes or the nature/consumption of the Prizes and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
12. Should multiple users of the same email account enter the promotion and a dispute thereafter arise regarding the identity of the entrant, the Authorised Account Holder of the said email account at the time of submission will be considered the entrant and he/she will be required to comply with these Terms & Conditions. An “Authorised Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organisation which is responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Participants may be required to show proof of being the Authorised Account Holder associated with their Facebook accounts. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification.
13. DAPL reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry, which in the opinion of DAPL, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions or who has, in the opinion of DAPL, engaged in conduct in entering the Contest which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of DAPL and/or Contest. This includes, but not limited, to participants and households using multiple NRIC/FIN numbers or email addresses. DAPL reserves the right to disqualify a winner if DAPL becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry are of a type as described in this clause.
14. DAPL will select two entries and contact the participant and he/she will have to establish contact with DAPL with his/her personal information and contact details for verification. In the event this is not the case, the Prize may at the discretion of DAPL, be forfeited. The winner whose Prize has been forfeited is not entitled to any payment or compensation from DAPL, notwithstanding non-receipt of notification that he/she is a winner.
15. For the purpose of the Contest, an individual can only win one pair of tickets to Bhutan with all expenses paid four days tour of Bhutan. DAPL will issue the pair of Business Class tickets. In the event that the selected dates of travel by the individual does not have any Business Class seats available, the winner will be given Economy Class, with no compensation payable.
16. The decisions of DAPL on all matters relating to or in connection with this Contest (including selection of the winners) will be final and binding on all parties concerned.
17. DAPL may, at any time at its sole discretion and without prior notice, vary, modify, delete or add to these Terms and Conditions and may also withdraw or discontinue the Contest at any time without notice or liability to any party.
18. The winners of the Contest will be announced on the Happiness.Travel page (www.facebook.com/Bhutan.Happiness).
19. If for any reason any aspect of the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of DAPL, subject to applicable laws and regulations, DAPL may in its sole discretion cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, or invalidate any affected entries. In the event of such an occurrence, DAPL may post a notice via the Changi Airport Facebook page at www.facebook.com/fansofchangi.
20. DAPL will only use and store the participants’ personal information for the purposes disclosed to the participant, including sharing it with any other organisation that helps in providing goods or services to the entrant (e.g. delivery of the Prizes).
21. The participant acknowledges and agrees that:
(1) DAPL is not responsible and shall not be liable for any hyperlink to any other website or any reference to any website, entity, product or service is not an endorsement or verification by DAPL of such website, entity, product or service, or responsible for the content of any of the foregoing;
(2) DAPL shall not be liable in any way for any damages, losses, costs, expenses, liabilities or compensation, whether direct or indirect, which arise from or are in connection with the participant’s entry and/or participation in the Contest, whether due to the negligence of DAPL or its officers, employees, agents, contractors or otherwise;
(3) he/she will hold DAPL, its officers, employees, agents and contractors harmless against all damages, losses, costs (including legal costs), expenses and liabilities suffered or incurred by DAPL, its officers, employees, agents or contractors arising out of or referable to any claims, suits or proceedings brought against DAPL, its officers, employees, agents or contractors by third parties arising out of or in connection with the acts, failures, omissions and defaults of the entrant, including but not limited to infringement of any intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties and/or failing to act in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
22. The winners must make the booking within 1 month from the date of notification. Travel must commence and complete within 12 months from the date of notification. Tickets will then be created and dispatched within 1 week to the given email address. The airline will not extend the booking dates under any circumstances. Unless otherwise stated, airfares are non-refundable. Limited changes are permitted for a fee. The standard fare conditions apply.
23. The winners must redeem the Prize in one transaction only. Any amount not redeemed will be forfeited. This Prize is redeemable only by the person whose name is stated in the registration form. This Prize and its value can be used only by the winner and his/her traveling partner.
24. This Prize is only redeemable for fares and taxes associated with normal Internet or Reservations bookings. For all other add-ons or fees, charges will be borne by the winners. This Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the recipient is unable to use it as stated. This Prize is not redeemable for cash or other goods and services.
25. All travel is subject to availability at the time of booking, the fares conditions quoted at the time of booking and the respective airline’s Conditions of Carriage.
26. The Airlines make no claims in relation to weather or other conditions at the travel destination and the Prize recipient should make their own enquiries before travel. Airlines, its related bodies, their officers, employees and agents will not be liable for any loss, damage or personal injury whatsoever (including but not limited to direct, indirect and consequential loss) suffered or sustained in connection with the use of this Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
27. Any additional travel booked in conjunction with the use of this Prize will be subject to standard booking conditions.
28. The Contest (including these Terms and Conditions) is governed by and is to be interpreted, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of Singapore. By entering the Contest, the participant hereby agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Singapore.
29. Any provision in these Terms and Conditions which is held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court, governmental department, body or tribunal, or in any applicable jurisdiction shall be ineffective to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability and will not invalidate or render unenforceable the remaining provisions hereof and should any provision be held invalid or unenforceable in an applicable jurisdiction such provision shall not be invalidated or rendered unenforceable in any other jurisdiction.
30. The Contest is not connected or in any relation to Apple and is also not sponsored, supported or organised by Apple. The entries and the personal data provided by the participants, will at all times stay with DAPL and not be shared or sent to Apple. Questions, comments or complaints concerning the Contest are to be addressed to DAPL only and not to Apple. Apple is to be released from all damages, losses and expenses of all kind, which might result in claims regarding the Contest.
31. The Contest is not connected or in any relation to Facebook nor Google and is also not sponsored, supported or organised by Facebook or Google. The entries and the personal data provided by the participants, will at all times stay with DAPL and not be shared or sent to Apple. Questions, comments or complaints concerning this Contest are to be addressed to DAPL only and not to Facebook or Google. Facebook or Google is to be released from all damages, losses and expenses of all kind, which might result in claims regarding the Contest.
32. This Contest is administered by:
Druk Asia Pte Ltd
60 Albert Street
#12-03 OG Albert Complex
(Company Registration No. 200917110K)
Participants who have any questions regarding the Contest should contact the administrator by email at [email protected]
and state the Contest name in the subject field in their correspondence.
This contest is organized by DrukAir Singapore. Questions, comments or complaints concerning this Contest are to be addressed to the contest organiser only and not to Changi Airport Group (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. (“CAG”). By participating in the contest, you agree that CAG shall not be liable for any injury, damage or loss arising out of or in connection with the contest.